Friday, November 27, 2009

Ya Have to Start Somewhere...

Have you ever had a ton of stuff on the brain....and you want to express it, but just can't find the right outlet? I suppose that is the conception of this whole blogging thing for me. I'm at an interesting, in-between stage of my life and even though I am oh so computer stupid, I decided to take a shot at it. I'm a Fiftysomething wife, mom, mother-in-law, sister, friend, nurse, almost empty-nester with no interest in Facebook. Actually, I think it's a fairly cool concept, but I really want to flex some writing muscle and Facebook world is more about the snipits of one's life.

So where to start.....I guess with the question....."when did I cease to be smart?" I used to be. I always felt pretty saavy with party conversation and always being in the know with how to do this, or when to do that. I had a great memory for everyone's birthday, anniversary etc. I was the one who could whip up a favorite recipe from the top of my head without cracking a cookbook or recipe file. I knew the names of all my girl's friends and where they were born, what size birthday present to buy and what kind of car their mother's drove.....you get the idea. Now....not so much. It's that look your children give you when you say something that they think is ridiculous. My favorite look comes when I'm telling a story or asking a question and you can see it on their face....."Mom, you already told me this"....or "We've already had this conversation." Aaaggghh! Am I alone out there with this one, or are there lots of ex-brilliant moms that now suffer from information overload. That HAS to be the answer. I have been the one to retain so much information for so long....my circuitry is just not able to fire anymore.

So I'm feeling less than brilliant......who cares, right? Well, I guess I do.

I will work on making a fairly interesting blog with some fun pictures....now and then. The real test will be to see if I can remember how to log back on, once this post is finished. It'll either be the coolest experiment or the most embarrassing crash and burn.....stay tuned.
Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment