Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Have Ya Ever Been to Chaaawlstn'?


Ya haven't? Well Sugah, you MUST go sometime....it's absolutely just too precious! ..........Okay, well maybe I'm pouring on a bit too thick there, but it's not far from the truth! We just drip with enthusiasm when we want to make SURE that you understand how strongly we feel about something, and South Carolinians have some strong feelings about their favorite spots. Charleston is one of those places.

Not being a native of S.C., I had to acquaint myself with the city and sure enough....fell in love. I don't even think I've seen all the little nooks and crannys but I know that I love the shopping and I'm just crazy about the food. The buildings are charming and have so much fascinating history attached. It's old. Really, really old....but you wouldn't want it any other way. The Market is a fun place to look at this and that.....lots of interesting pottery, one of my favorites, and hand woven baskets made from Sweetgrass.

The girls and I planned our little outing and headed out last Saturday for a Mother's Day celebration. The weather was sunny and a bit toasty, but we didn't mind that much. We had fun doing a little window shopping and a little "gotta buy that" shopping and then had a wonderful lunch at 82 Queen. I had never been there before, but it came highly recommended and as promised, the food was delish! We ate outside in a garden/gazebo setting and thoroughly enjoyed the gracious Charleston hospitality at it's best. There are so many great places to eat around there and I could give you a list of my favorites, but maybe I'll save that for another time. I should mention though, that until I moved to South Carolina, I thought grits were only served at breakfast as a side to eggs. Silly me!

We had a fabulous time and drug our tired little selves home around 7:00 pm but it was worth it! Because of Charleston? Well, sort of.....but mostly because I now have another great memory tucked away, of time spent with my daughters. In case you have figured it out yet.....I'm totally in love with these girls!!!

Later!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment